WHAT: CCRMA Autumn Concert
WHEN: Thursday, December 1, 2011 – 8pm
WHERE: CCRMA Stage (3rd floor)
The Knoll building
660 Lomita Drive
Stanford, CA 94305
Featuring special guests: Negativwobblyland! With CCRMA performances by Kurt Werner, Dohi Moon, Bill Schottstaedt, and Chris Chafe + Bruno Ruviaro + Bernardo Barros + Juan Parra
Your long wait is over: CCRMA’s Autumn Concert is just around the corner — December 1st, 8pm, CCRMA Stage. A great program including fixed media pieces and live electronic performances. Don’t miss it!
Thank you all for coming out to the September 2011 meetup! I love hearing the new sound design projects, and welcome to the new members too!
Some quick notes:
- Stanford’s Center for Computer Research in Music and Acoustics (CCMRA): https://ccrma.stanford.edu/
Remix/remake the Nokia tune! (Thanks for the tip, Peter!)
- The awesome djay iPad app—can do preview mix on a different audio channel, has cue points, zooms in on the waveform when scratching, auto beat detection, time stretching.
- Make your own synthesizer with SynthEdit: http://www.synthedit.com/
- Cool synth wiring + sound generation with Plogue’s Bidule plugin: http://www.plogue.com/?page_id=56
- Some great brass instruments from East West: Hollywood Brass
ProjectSAM True Strike library for awesome, big drums + percussion: http://www.projectsam.com/
(If the link doesn’t load, check demos like this YouTube video.)
- Audio feature: Kissy Sell Out. Check his MySpace page or BBC Radio 1 show.
Here are some of the pictures we took!
Our own Sonicade (www.sonicade.com) got the opportunity to do something very awesome: he got the task of remixing the soundtrack for the menu screens. Give it a listen on this video!
PC, MixMeister, Korg KP3: