Thanks everyone for coming out to this week’s meetup! We heard some great new tracks in different electronic styles. Here are the notes for December’s meetup.
- Chris Huelsbeck showed us some of his music from the new game Kubrik for iPhone.
Video: Kubrik ( Iphone/Ipod touch/Ipad ) on Vimeo. Apple Store: Link.
- Amy Lee played an awesome electro glitch remix she created for the SF-EMM Devo Remix Project.
- The idea of the project is to remix the song ‘Freedom of Choice‘ by Devo using stems from Beatport.com. Anyone and everyone is welcome to participate. Download the stems ($3.99) from Beatport.com, finish your remix and send it to us by December 15th, 2010.
Email submissions in MP3 format to email@example.com.
- SF-EMM is also planning to put together a 2010 compilation album showcasing tracks by members from 2010. If you’d like to participate, consider which track you’d like to feature. More info on this soon!
- Kentaro Fischer shared a preview of his remix for the Metric remix contest on Indabamusic.com. Link coming soon when the track is finished. Hear more of Kentaro’s music here: http://www.sonicade.com/
- Indabamusic regularly features remix contests, many of them by major artists and free to enter. Check out the stems from the John Legend feat. The Roots – Shine contest.
- Mike Heijmans played a track for the robot factory scene from an in-the-works animation project. Hear more of Mike’s music here: http://www.conduitrobotic.com/
- Don’t forget to check out Jane Woodman’s performance tomorrow (December 5th), 7:00PM at The Hot Spot bar (1414 Market St)!
See you at the next SF-EMM in January!
Hey everyone! Here are the notes from August’s Electronic Music Meetup:
- Kin-Yoobi Con is this Saturday August 7. Eve is doing the fashion show and coordinating music for it. 3:00-4:00 PM, Chabot College.
More details: http://www.gzronline.com/convention.htm
- Chris Huelsbeck played tracks from some of his upcoming projects. His new soundtrack EP for ZombieSmash is now available:
- Renoise Duplex two-way controller framework:
- TouchOSC for iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad lets you build your own virtual OSC controllers:
- Jonathan Baudanza came by to share with us what he’s doing at Beatlab.com. Beatlab is an online interactive music creation and collaboration website.
- Make wicked cool basslines with Toxic III VSTi:
- PICnome: grid-based controler. Demo videos:
- Eigenharp: new breath/key MIDI controller, only £4000! Demo video and main product page:http://www.eigenlabs.com/
- To cancel noise on an audio signal get a PAC SNI-1/3.5 noise filter on eBay:
- iStrobosoft strobe tuner from Peterson Strobe Tuners:
Slides from the Meetup:
Renoise is a powerful and unique music sequencer. The demo is free to download and does not expire. http://www.renoise.com/