EMM member James (General Fuzz) shares some insights on music production and recording in his latest blog post. http://www.generalfuzz.net/blog/?p=850
Thanks everyone for coming out to this week’s meetup! We heard some great new tracks in different electronic styles. Here are the notes for December’s meetup.
- Chris Huelsbeck showed us some of his music from the new game Kubrik for iPhone.
Video: Kubrik ( Iphone/Ipod touch/Ipad ) on Vimeo. Apple Store: Link.
- Amy Lee played an awesome electro glitch remix she created for the SF-EMM Devo Remix Project.
- The idea of the project is to remix the song ‘Freedom of Choice‘ by Devo using stems from Beatport.com. Anyone and everyone is welcome to participate. Download the stems ($3.99) from Beatport.com, finish your remix and send it to us by December 15th, 2010.
Email submissions in MP3 format to email@example.com.
- SF-EMM is also planning to put together a 2010 compilation album showcasing tracks by members from 2010. If you’d like to participate, consider which track you’d like to feature. More info on this soon!
- Kentaro Fischer shared a preview of his remix for the Metric remix contest on Indabamusic.com. Link coming soon when the track is finished. Hear more of Kentaro’s music here: http://www.sonicade.com/
- Indabamusic regularly features remix contests, many of them by major artists and free to enter. Check out the stems from the John Legend feat. The Roots – Shine contest.
- Mike Heijmans played a track for the robot factory scene from an in-the-works animation project. Hear more of Mike’s music here: http://www.conduitrobotic.com/
- Don’t forget to check out Jane Woodman’s performance tomorrow (December 5th), 7:00PM at The Hot Spot bar (1414 Market St)!
See you at the next SF-EMM in January!
Hi all, here are the notes from another inspiring meetup of electronic music.
- Brian Trifon of Trifonic shared the track ‘Parks on Fire’ and some production insights.
Check out his websites:
- Ourglas (Deep Tech House): http://soundcloud.com/qualafox/ourglas
- The Soundlab (Drum&Bass): http://soundcloud.com/qualafox/the-soundlab
- Next SF-EMM Jam Session is on Sunday, September 26th, 3:00 PM.
- A bunch of people possibly going to see Passion Pit at the Fox Theater (Oakland) on Monday September 27.
Thanks for coming out and see you at the next meetup!
Gigastudio/Audio Computer For Musicians
Windows XP Computer
with Asus P4P800SE motherboard (original manual included)
Gigastudio 3 (Orchestra)
2 quiet Seagate hard drives
Frontier Wave Center PCI pro audio sound card with 2 midi in/out and 8 channels of ADAT in/out (8 channels digital audio)
15″ Samsung monitor, keyboard and mouse included.
Great for music and audio, Win XP tweaked for best audio performance. This computer has been used only in an electronic music studio by the original owner with no internet connectivity and is free of spyware, viruses, etc. I do not have documentation for Gigastudio (available most likely online). I do have documentation for the sound card.
local only SF bay area
You can contact Jerry Gerber at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hey everyone! Here are the notes from August’s Electronic Music Meetup:
- Kin-Yoobi Con is this Saturday August 7. Eve is doing the fashion show and coordinating music for it. 3:00-4:00 PM, Chabot College.
More details: http://www.gzronline.com/convention.htm
- Chris Huelsbeck played tracks from some of his upcoming projects. His new soundtrack EP for ZombieSmash is now available:
- Renoise Duplex two-way controller framework:
- TouchOSC for iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad lets you build your own virtual OSC controllers:
- Jonathan Baudanza came by to share with us what he’s doing at Beatlab.com. Beatlab is an online interactive music creation and collaboration website.
- Make wicked cool basslines with Toxic III VSTi:
- PICnome: grid-based controler. Demo videos:
- Eigenharp: new breath/key MIDI controller, only £4000! Demo video and main product page:http://www.eigenlabs.com/
- To cancel noise on an audio signal get a PAC SNI-1/3.5 noise filter on eBay:
- iStrobosoft strobe tuner from Peterson Strobe Tuners:
Slides from the Meetup:
Renoise is a powerful and unique music sequencer. The demo is free to download and does not expire. http://www.renoise.com/