Thank you all for coming out to the September 2011 meetup! I love hearing the new sound design projects, and welcome to the new members too!
Some quick notes:
- Stanford’s Center for Computer Research in Music and Acoustics (CCMRA): https://ccrma.stanford.edu/
Remix/remake the Nokia tune! (Thanks for the tip, Peter!)
- The awesome djay iPad app—can do preview mix on a different audio channel, has cue points, zooms in on the waveform when scratching, auto beat detection, time stretching.
- Make your own synthesizer with SynthEdit: http://www.synthedit.com/
- Cool synth wiring + sound generation with Plogue’s Bidule plugin: http://www.plogue.com/?page_id=56
- Some great brass instruments from East West: Hollywood Brass
ProjectSAM True Strike library for awesome, big drums + percussion: http://www.projectsam.com/
(If the link doesn’t load, check demos like this YouTube video.)
- Audio feature: Kissy Sell Out. Check his MySpace page or BBC Radio 1 show.