Thanks to everyone that came and presented! We’re also thankful for the Hot Spot bar to host our group. Here’s some notes:
Also, the slides from the meetup are available here:
That was an awesome session last night! Thank you so much to everyone that came and showed off their music and projects. And we also go to do a live jam session again too! I’ll be posting a mix of audio captured from it soon.
- Presented a couple of songs using sounds recorded with his Røde stereo mic
- Kitchen sounds, guitar+vocals clips
- Had a tip on how to “fatten your sound”—he’ll do a writeup soon.
- Presented Fireflies “remix” via Renoise
- Check out Röyskopp’s bassline in “Vision One” … cool synth sound
- Presented slideshow for Hawaiian Delights + vocals/mix
Forest + Noel: “The Binary Controllers” band
- Live demo of their performance rig
- Forest on Guitar with Roland VG99 guitar synth
- Noel on Novation Launchpad + keyboard controller
Other interesting things
And a “mea culpa” note: I forgot to play two new songs from Rosendo—we’ll hear them at the next meetup!
Mar 3, 2010 @ 7:00 PM, Hot Spot bar (Market at 10th St)
McKay Garner will be teaching a workshop early next month. If you’d like to check it out please visit the Talking House Productions website:
This workshop is focused on the mixing process including preparing your room acoustically, basic techniques such as session prep, monitoring, levels, balance, “vision,” eq techniques, compression, effects and sound stage, and routing. He will also address more advanced techniques including parallel compression, sidechaining, parallel band pass eq and fx, saturation, transient design, drum mixing techniques, drum enhancement and replacement, bus compression, advanced routing, automation, and more. There will be …
Mark your calendars! The next San Francisco Electronic Music Meetup is coming up on February 3.
1414 Market St.
San Francisco, CA 94102
More details at: http://www.meetup.com/sf-emm/calendar/12248375/