A week later than normal, but it was a good one! Thank you to everyone that came by. (btw: There were no notes for October’s meetup.)
Two big things happening soonish:
Jam Session. This Sunday, November 14, 3:00 PM, at the Hot Spot.
However, we will only do this if we have 5 RSVPs. Please visit our calendar to
Jane Woodman is going to be doing a special set at the Hot Spot on
December 5th at 7:00 PM. Details forthcoming…
SF-EMM 2010 Album: The idea is coming together where we can have our SF-EMM members contribute to an album that showcases our work for 2010. Details also coming soon…
OK, notes from the meetup:
Hi all, here are the notes from another inspiring meetup of electronic music.
- Brian Trifon of Trifonic shared the track ‘Parks on Fire’ and some production insights.
Check out his websites:
- Trifonic: http://www.trifonic.com/
- Next Step Audio Blog: http://www.nextstepaudio.com/
- Next SF-EMM Jam Session is on Sunday, September 26th, 3:00 PM.
- A bunch of people possibly going to see Passion Pit at the Fox Theater (Oakland) on Monday September 27.
Thanks for coming out and see you at the next meetup!
Hey everyone! Here are the notes from August’s Electronic Music Meetup:
Slides from the Meetup:
Thank you again to Jerry for hosting us at his studio, and thank you to everyone that showed up and shared. Please find below the notes and slides:
- Next meetup: Hot Spot Bar on July 7 (1414 Market St, San Francisco, CA 94103)
Mixwidget.org (Thanks for the link, Rekzkarz):
Fun music player, Flash-based, customizable
Electronic symphonies, composed for a wide variety of media, SONAR DAW, Massive, Tera, Gigastudio, Vienna Symphonic Library, teaches music with focus on harmony and counterpoint
Quote: “My songwriting process is very similar to any other instrument but with a twist of about 65% songwriting 20% coding process and 15 experimentation process.”
About this song: “… I was actually working with a Phillip Glass classical music piece in my project trying to learn from his note progressions and the main melody from Creepin’ In was the result.”
Creepin’ In ft. Goldie
Join his Facebook page:
Bebot app: http://www.normalware.com/
Soundrop app: http://develoe.com/
Reaper DAW, Automat, CheeseMachine, VOPM, Orca, Csound
Thanks to everyone that came and presented! We’re also thankful for the Hot Spot bar to host our group. Here’s some notes:
Also, the slides from the meetup are available here:
That was an awesome session last night! Thank you so much to everyone that came and showed off their music and projects. And we also go to do a live jam session again too! I’ll be posting a mix of audio captured from it soon.
- Presented a couple of songs using sounds recorded with his Røde stereo mic
- Kitchen sounds, guitar+vocals clips
- Had a tip on how to “fatten your sound”—he’ll do a writeup soon.
- Presented Fireflies “remix” via Renoise
- Check out Röyskopp’s bassline in “Vision One” … cool synth sound
- Presented slideshow for Hawaiian Delights + vocals/mix
Forest + Noel: “The Binary Controllers” band
- Live demo of their performance rig
- Forest on Guitar with Roland VG99 guitar synth
- Noel on Novation Launchpad + keyboard controller
Other interesting things
And a “mea culpa” note: I forgot to play two new songs from Rosendo—we’ll hear them at the next meetup!
Mar 3, 2010 @ 7:00 PM, Hot Spot bar (Market at 10th St)